Saturday, 11 April 2015

Monthly Favourites | March

March is behind us and spring is here (applause) and yet it still feels as cold as January in England, ah. . March is one of my favourite months of the year purely and selfishly because it's my birthday month. This is especially good because with me liking the month, it means I like a whole heap of things I come across within that month. So let me shut up now as I have collated my Favourites For March!
My first favourite is the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. This is hands down the best foundation my skin has met. To be fair I've probably only used something like 8 different foundations in my experience and I'm sure there are more that are slightly better but for now; this one is so brilliant.
I am the shade Rose Ivory and it matches my skin perfectly at the moment so it's wonderful for those that are fair. It's so super-easy to blend too which is essential when it comes to base makeup for me.
I'm still so surprised its only drugstore, yay.
I go through mascara like there's no tomorrow, apparently. So during March, when I realised I was about to face a mascara shortage, I picked up Rimmel London's Rockin' Curves mascara,  from the Scandaleyes collection. The first thing that has to be said with this is that its not the easiest to work with. Something about the formula kind of makes it difficult to apply and correct when doing your top lashes BUT it does wonders to the lower lashes. The wand is absolutely perfect when working with the mascara itself and it's as if it triples the actual length. I larrv it.
Next up is a beautiful blusher from Bourjois in the shade Frosted Rose which is just a really pretty.. well rose colour. The name speaks for itself really and that is why I have been loving it this month, it just the perfect winter into spring transition shade as it isn't too warm toned and it isn't too cool toned either.
It's the Goldielocks of Bourjois Blushers!
Moving onto haircare that I have not lived without this month. One product that I have constantly been reaching for is Herbal Essences - Beautiful Ends leave in conditioner. All I do is apply one or two pumps of this to the mid lengths and ends of wet hair once being in the shower. This has left my hair feeling so incredibly smooth, soft and protected even after just one use. I also use this in conjunction to the Beautiful Ends conditioner and those two together  are basically unstoppable.
The second thing my hair and I have been most fond of is this de-tangling spray by Avon. Ok, not the most luxurious of products exactly but essential nonetheless. My hair has become quit brittle and dry since the winter, making it easy to break when I brush it. No matter how carefully you stream that brush through those strands, it will break right at the heart of the knots. That, of course, unless you have this de-tangling spray to completely loosen the knots, causing no breakage and healthy hair.

To the month of March *raises glass* - Bon.

No comments:

Post a Comment