Ok, I have finally accepted that its winter. It has started snowing quite a bit where I live recently, and I have mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong, I love that we get to wrap up warm, guzzle down that luxurious hot chocolate until it steams up our glasses. However, I don't love what it does to my skin. This winter especially, has been so harsh on my skin and I have to work twice as hard to keep even an ounce of moisture within it. I find that my skin is struggling to keep itself looking soft and smooth for more than -hm- 10 minutes.
If you are reading this with the same headache, then don't worry; as I have collated every moisturiser/lotion I own and want to share them with you so we can solve this burden simultaneously.
Believe it or not, your feet can't escape the brutality any easier than the rest of you (despite the numerous layers of socks). So the foot lotion I am currently using is Pink Peppermint Foot Lotion by beauticology. This lotion isn't a massive miracle, but it definitely does the job and, bonus, it smells like winter too.
You've heard of the phrase 'beauty sleep', yes? Well who says you can't 'up the ante' by using Botanics Overnight Hand and Nail Treatment. I have been swearing by this as of late and love that it leaves me with, what feels like, a new pair of hands in the morning.
I don't know about you but when it comes to convenience, I am like a moth to a flame. So it's no wonder I am a little sucker for the Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser. I am especially taken to its quick drying time, which is just expert for those rushed mornings. I like that it doesn't try to do all these specific, fancy jobs. It's simplicity is all you need.
Sticking with the face theme, another is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. It's weird but I feel 'safe' when I use this because I can feel results instantly, it's like a password protector but for my face.
For a light, delicate rush of moisture; try the Indian Night Jasmine Body Lotion by The Body Shop. Not only is the formula lightweight and airy but so is the flowery scent. Really good for a fresh, body mist alternative.
Much like the previous body lotion, the Boots Natural Collection Vanilla Body Lotion holds a fun, pampering vanilla scent that is awfully hard to dislike. However, this Lotion has a thicker consistency giving it that indulging factor.
Avon's Skin So Soft range is definitely ticking all the boxes for me. Both the Ultra Moisturising Body Lotion and the Replenishing Hand Cream have been my reach-for's this winter. I'm amazed that such good products are anyone's for under £10. Skin Savers.
If you're easily swayed to the higher end category, then be careful not to get too attached to the Marc Jacobs Luminous Body Lotion from the Daisy collection. Not only is it scented with the delicious Daisy perfume, it also serves a luxurious lotion too. It is well worth being around the £25 pound mark.
Similar to the Marc Jacobs lotion, The BONBON Body Lotion by Viktor&Rolf is not one for the money-shy. At $40 pound for the 200ml bottle, I can see why anyone might tighten their muscles just thinking about it. But relax, because you definitely are not pouring that money down the drain. Those who know a good lotion, wont think twice about making this purchase.. Trust me.
Lastly, but probably my most straightforward product, is Coconut Oil. Any kind, any size.. it's all the same and it's all a natural ingredient. This is just as good as any other lotion or oil and maybe even better for those with sensitive skin as it doesn't include any added chemical or perfumes. Also, it's available to practically anyone as you can get it from your local supermarket while choosing what to make for tea that night. Easy.
Bye for now but not for long -Bon.












No comments:
Post a Comment